Topeka Nursing Home Neglect Lawyers
Providing Compassionate Representation for Your Family
Do you suspect that your loved one is being hurt or neglected in their nursing home? All nursing homes are regulated under OBRA (Omnibus Reconciliation Act) to ensure that there are exact standards being upheld. These standards are there to protect the residents of a nursing home and ensure they are safe and cared for. At Ralston, Pope & Diehl, LLC, we believe that if a nursing home is violating OBRA, they should be held accountable. We can help investigate your case and determine if the nursing home is abusing or neglecting your loved one.
Please give us a call today at(785) 200-9465 to make an appointment with an experienced nursing home neglect attorney in Topeka.
What is Considered Neglect in a Nursing Home?
Nursing home neglect and abuse fall into three main categories: Sexual abuse, mental abuse, and physical abuse. While nursing home neglect can be done willfully, it can also be a result of sub-standard care, or anything that breaches the Omnibus Reconciliation Act standards.
When a nursing home abuses the trust you have put in them to take care of your family member, they should be held accountable. When you choose to hire our firm, you can rely on us to provide you with aggressive and compassionate representation aimed at pursuing justice.
We represent cases which involve the following types of nursing home abuse and neglect:
- Neglect: Lack of hygiene, dehydration, bed sores, malnutrition, and nursing home residents wandering away
- Wrongful death: A resident who has lost their life as a result of neglect or abuse
- Sexual abuse: Unwanted touching, advances, or assault towards the resident
- Financial abuse: Using a resident's bank accounts or credit card information illegally
- Physical abuse: Behavior which has led to unexplained injuries like cuts, bruises, or broken bones