Joseph LoRusso is a Colorado native who is licensed to practice law in Colorado. Joe completed his undergraduate studies at the United States Air Force Academy and the Metro State University of Denver. He then went on to receive his law degree in Topeka, Kansas from Washburn University School of Law.
During his time at Washburn, Joe founded the Washburn’s Committee on Air and Space Law (CASL), the school’s first legal organization for aviation matters. Through the CASL, Joe became the first presenter at the school’s inaugural continuing legal education aviation symposium.
Joe always had an interest in aviation. Before attending law school, Joe established and owned Leading Edge Flight Training, a top-notch flight school in Northern Colorado. In addition to being an instructor and operator at Leading Edge, Joe also served as an aviation broker for prop and jet planes. He also held a US patent for an aviation headset that was designed to withstand high levels of G forces.
During his spare time, you can either find Joe in the air or on the soccer field. In addition to being an aviation enthusiast, he was also a Division 1 soccer player in the US Air Force Academy.
Joe currently serves on the board of directors for the Nick J. LoRusso Memorial Scholarship Fund, which provides financial resources to help Colorado’s children enjoy soccer and thrive in the sport.
U.S. District Courts
- District of Colorado, 2015
- Metro State University, B.S., 2009
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association - Panel Attorney
- American Bar Association Drone Committee
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Boulder Bar Association
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- National Business Aviation Association
- International Aerobatic Club
- Airline Transport Pilot
- Commercial Single/Multi-Engine
- Certified Flight Instructor
- Endorsements: High performance, complex, spin, high altitude, and tailwheel
Contact our firm today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Call (785) 200-9465.